You may not be able to list all the elements of a great smile – but you know one when you see it. Great smiles are one of the ways we humans express the best of emotions. With cosmetic dentistry at Arbor Lakes Dental in Maple Grove, we help our patients achieve great smiles.
You may be surprised at how many components there are to consider when planning for a smile makeover. Here are a few of the most obvious ones:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some less-obvious, but equally vital elements:
- The amount of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not adhered to, the smile may look “off,” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. Do not choose a cosmetic dentist by cost alone!
If you are thinking about a smile redesign call Arbor Lakes Dental to schedule an informative consultation. In addition to cosmetic dentistry, we provide teeth whitening, Invisalign clear braces, and family dentistry.
Contact Arbor Lakes Dental – Jamie L. Sledd, DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):